Welcome to another Sponsor highlight. Point6 a company who has taken a very simple idea and turned it into a fantastic product. One would think that socks are a pretty basic thing but for hikers and backpackers socks are the second most important things in our arsenal of gear. Socks have to be light weight, breathable, comfortable, durable, and padded in the right places. Point6 has gone above and beyond with their socks. If you would like to read my review on the Point6 socks you can view it here
Not only does Point6 make a great line of socks they are also fantastic at customer service and customer outreach. I think you might actually see them on twitter(link) and facebook(link) more than I am. Which for a brand is fantastic.
What makes these socks so great is that they are made from Merino wool and are made right here in America.
Enough bragging already and lets here it from the pros about who they are and what they do.
The Point6 name is derived from 98-point-6-degrees Fahrenheit (the body’s optimal body temperature), and stands for optimal comfort and performance through the temperature stabilizing properties inherent to Point6 merino wool products. Unlike cotton or synthetics, merino wool fibers create efficient insulation that regulates temperatures to keep you warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm. Merino wool fibers offer a complex moisture management system that both repels and absorbs moisture to keep feet dry, comfortable and blister-free.
Point6 exclusively uses 100% compact spun merino yarns in lieu of conventional ring spun yarns to address durability issues sometimes present with merino wool. The end product is exceptionally soft and durable with unparalleled longevity.
Based in Steamboat Springs, Colorado and Made in the USA, the company has also developed several design innovations that perfect and enhance the fit including the Ultra Smooth toe closure, deep heel pockets and Graduated Compression Technology, among others.
Point6 Technical Features:
- 100% compact spun merino wool for durability and comfort
- First-ever truly white merino wool
- Graduated Compression Technology to increase the flow of un-oxygenated blood out of the lower legs for reduced muscle soreness, shortened recovery time and improved overall performance
- Ultra Smooth toe seam closure that is undetectable by toes
- Deep heel pocket enhances fit by comfortably surrounding the heel to eliminate tightness across the instep
- Heel, toe and high-heel areas are reinforced with nylon for maximum durability
- Advanced knitting techniques to incorporate ventilation panels on instep
- Arch and ankle braces for support and enhanced fit
- Sport-specific cushioning
- Size and style name kit inside the cuff
- Non-binding welt top