In the coming weeks I am going to take some time and talk about each one of these items in depth but I wanted to share with you this list of things I learned about and from the Appalachian Trail. They are in no particular order and one does not have a more valuable lesson than the others. Each one of these have their own particular lesson and reason for learning them.
- Your only as strong as your weakest piece of gear.
- Hike your own Hike will only ever mean what you want it to mean.
- Tiny Reflective dots sewn into a shirt will really keep you warm even in the coldest of times.
- The AT is the Disney World of hiking trails.
- Community is everywhere you just have to look.
- Give people enough time and they will surprise you.
- Music can and will PUMP YOU UP.
- It is the simple things pizza included.
- Even when your tent is flooded and your gear is wet you can still be positive and happy.
- Getting lost is not always a bad thing.