The Liebster Award is a Blogstöcken (Blogstöcken translated means Blog Stick.) This award has been around for nearly a decade and the idea is to tag bloggers to learn more about them and their blogs. I was tagged by Lost Swiss Miss. It was fun to read her answers to the questions she was provided. Without further ado let the Liebster award roll.
1. Link the Person who “tagged” you.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the person has asked you.
3. Look for 11 Bloggers and nominate them.
4. come up with your own 11 question for your 11 nominees.
1. Where is you Happy Place?
My happy place is hiking in the mountains. To be honest it does not really matter which mountains. The smell of the trees the crunch of the dirt below your feet as you hike lost in your head thinking about all kinds of things can bring an inner peace and happiness.
2. What are your goals for this and/or next year?
My goals for this year would be to continue to get into better shape, hiker more, meet more of my social friends in real life, and enjoy life.
3. Where in the World haven’t you been, but absolutely what to go?
After watching the Columbia #Omniten travel to country of Jordan the photos and videos they shared were amazing. Jordan is a place rich in history and full of welcoming hearts.
4. What was your best Outdoor or/and travel experience in 2013?
White Water Rafting the Rogue River in Oregon with some of the best folks on the planet and all provided by one of the best companies on the planet.
5. What’s your worst?
Having my tent flood and standing in the pouring rain waiting for morning. Read the full story here!
6. What’s your most memorable acquaintance on a trip?
There have many over the years but I would have to say David “Jolly” Hannon and Paul Osborn. Both men of fantastic character and strength. I have had the pleasure of hiking with each one during different adventures. They were a joy and great hiking companions. I hope to have more adventures with them in the future. Jolly If you are reading this I still owe you some pizza and a few beers in NYC. Paul I believe there are adventures for us in the big cold north in our futures.
7. Whats the weirdest thing that ever happened on a trip?
I am not sure that this is the weirdest but at least it is the funniest. I was pacing a friend on a 100 mile ultra marathon. During one of the legs in the middle of the night with no moon and a very dark trail with only our headlamps providing light we ran through a section of trail that had several wild turkeys sleeping. It is hard to tell who was more scared us or them when we wan through and stirred them up.
8. What new Sport would you like to try?
Curling! No real reason other than it it looks fun.
9. Tips for a rainy day?
Go hiking even if it is raining. Some of the best hikes I have enjoyed over the years have been during rain storms. Please be safe if there is lightning but a nice gentle rain all the way to a down pour can make for great hiking memories.
10. What is your favorite equipment that you usually take with you?
This may come as a surprise to my readers but my OLICAMP One Liter Pot. A super light weight pot that has a heat conductor on the bottom that helps boil the water super fast. That little pot and I have seen some great times.
11. What equipment would you really like to have but haven’t bought yet?
The 11 Bloggers:
1. Hiking Forward – The Response
2. Missouri Howell – The Response
3. Mike off the Map
5. Val in Real Life – The Response
11 New Questions:
1. Most favorite travel destination?
2. What is your best adventure story?
3. What is 1 thin you never leave home without when going on an adventure / trip?
4. What is the longest (time or distance) adventure you have completed?
5. What is your blog about?
6. What is your next scheduled adventure / trip?
7. What is your favorite part about being in the outdoors?
8. What is your most favorite spur of the moment adventure / trip?
9. What is your favorite outdoor themed podcast?
10. What is your favorite outdoor themed book?
11. What advice do you give to anyone who wants to get outdoors more?